Saturday, February 25, 2012
5 Things You May Not Know About Alan Zendell!
1. My proudest lifetime accomplishment is enjoying the fifty-first year that my wife and I have been together.
2. The most memorable moment of my life was being the first person (other than the delivery nurse) to hold my first-born son in my arms. Being the first to hold my second son is close behind, but by then I was an old hand.
3. I believe that denying the existence of a higher power in the universe is the height of ignorance and arrogance. On the other hand, the notion of a deity whose primary focus is humanity is the height of absurdity. Corollary: organized religion and the inevitable evils it spurns (intolerance, hypocrisy, and power lust) are the greatest threats to our survival.
4. I believe the two greatest gifts people can give each other are trust and being worthy of it.
5. Despite all the evidence that we’re doomed as a nation, I have an abiding faith in human nature and confidence that Americans will eventually wake up and get it right.